SWIM BIKE RUN Singapore is a service provider for SBR Bike fit Studio since 2011. SBR Bike Fit Studio will fit people on their bikes with one simple philosophy; if you are comfortable – you will perform better. This works on so many levels. Greater comfort will allow you to create more power on your bike. Greater comfort will get you excited about riding more. Riding more will bring better fitness, etc…
At SBR Bike Fit Studio, we fit a rider based on our simple philosophy that comfort is the number one objective.
“A high-precision 3D fitting tool backed by a brand with a professional, collaborative and user-friendly fitting philosophy” (BikeRadar verdict – December 16, 2010 11:00am GMT)
We use RETUL 3D Motion Capture technology, which reads the rider’s movements whilst in motion on the bike. Thus giving a complete and objective picture, of the rider’s bio-mechanical data in real time and eliminates the guesswork.
RETUL 3D Motion Capture technology been used in Professional cycling such as TEAM SKY (since 2010) and three time Ironman World Triathlon Champion (2008, 2009 & 2011) and two time Ironman 70.3 World Champion, The Great, Craig Alexander.
Founded in 2007 and gaining international popularity since its inception, Retul Technology is a cycling-specific motion-capture bike fitting system that uses 3D infrared motion sensors to record precise and comprehensive fit data as you are in motion.
Retul technology is based on the following fit theory:
- Bike fits must be dynamic
- Measurements must be accurate, and
- Biomechanics are best assessed in three-dimensional space.
The dynamics of our movements need to be examined in relation to how they work together, rather than examining each body mechanism individually. The use of integrated data provides a holistic approach to bike fitting that traditional approaches have been unable to deliver.
This holistic approach to biomechanical analysis is favoured by a large percentage of professional athletes, including triathletes Craig Alexander, Chris Lieto, Mirinda Carfrae, Julie Dibens, Tim Berkel, Clayton Fettel and Tim O’Donnell, as well as cyclists from Garmin-Barracuda, Radioshack-Nissan-Trek, Team Euro Car and Team Sky.
SBR Bike Fit Studio is proud to be a Registered fitter with Retul International, as part of that team to bring you the very same practice to bring you closer to your dreams!
What SBR Bike Fit Studio will do for you
Regardless if you are a novice or professional, pure cyclist, triathlete or mountain biker, a courier or police officer – a custom fit will result in a multitude of benefits.
- Greater performance – increases in power output and endurance are a direct result of ensuring your body is set in a position that not only encourages a full range of muscle engagement, but also balanced muscle recruitment
- Greater efficiency – your stroke efficiency is maximised through precise measurement and detailed analysis – work smarter, not harder!
- Improved technique – a correct fit ensures that new riders avoid developing bad habits (such as incorrect pedal technique), and experienced riders gain a better understanding of how their bike and their body interact
- Biomechanically- sound position – the common areas of discomfort for cyclists are in areas of the lower back, hips and knees, which can also have a flow-on effect to other muscles and tendons. 3D Bike Fit examines your individual biomechanics to ensure that your joints and muscles are held in neutral positions, minimising their load and decreasing the likelihood of repetitive strain and muscle injuries
- Greater comfort – an accurate fit promotes comfort
- Cost savings – your equipment selections are scientifically determined by your personal biomechanical dynamics – not by a whim, a brand name or a recommendation from a well-meaning friend!
- Maximise enjoyment – without a doubt, a comprehensive bike fit is the key to riding to your potential, as well as enjoying your time on the bike.
What can you expect:
- Personalized service 1-1 for the entire duration of fit by a certified Retul Fitter
- Bike Fit Physical Assessment
- State of the art 3D motion capture equipment by RETUL
- Bike Fit Report
- Post Fit: Advice on exercises and stretches
- Free Post Fit follow up for the next 2 month (Singapore only)
Types of bike we fit:
- Time Trial & Triathlon
- Mountain Bike XC (MTB)
- Recreational / commuter
Items to bring to the studio:
- Cycling wear & Shoes (NO LOOSE CLOTHING)
- Change of clothes
- Spare parts for adjustment/ try (eg. Stem, Spacer for Aero Bar, cleats)
Make a Booking now!